C-Flow PFA Concentric Nebulizer
The design features that set the C-Flow apart from other PFA nebulizers are:
- Precision molded two-piece construction – enables very accurate assembly, which reduces the variability on free aspiration uptake rate. Nebulizer to nebulizer performance reproducibility is excellent.
- Capillary is centrally located and supported in the nebulizer orifice for more efficient aerosol production and greater resistance to salting. The C-Flow is very robust and can be easily and safely backflushed. Tip design also gives the C-Flow a longer working lifetime.
- Constant internal diameter (ID) uptake tubing (capillary) all the way from sample to nebulizer tip – greatly improved resistance to blockage due to particulates since there is no constriction in the uptake line.
The C-Flow is available in 4 versions with different uptake rates - 3 microconcentric versions: C-Flow 50 (50uL/min), C-Flow 100 (100uL/min), C-Flow 200 (200uL/min) and the higher flow rate C-Flow 700 (700uL/min) - all with a 6mm outer diameter body that fits standard end caps. The microconcentric C-Flows are used mostly for semiconductor analysis and are also available with integrated autosampler probes for use with autosamplers from Agilent, CETAC and ESI. The C-Flow 700 has a larger capillary ID, giving it exceptional resistance to salting and clogging, making it the first truly universal nebulizer that can handle every type of sample and application. The C-Flow 700 works equally well with both ICP-OES and ICP-MS.
C-Flow range - key benefits:
- Unmatched salt and particulate tolerance (C-Flow 700)
- Chemically compatible with every sample type – inorganic and organic – that could be analyzed by ICP-OES and ICP-MS
- High sensitivity due to efficient gas/liquid energy transfer and fine aerosol
- Lower background contribution than glass nebulizers (lower boron DL with ICP-MS)
- Virtually unbreakable
- Better reproducibility from nebulizer to nebulizer – free aspiration rate spec is +/- 15% with the C-Flow 200 and 100
- Aerosol direction is co-axial to the nebulizer – typically +/- 2 degrees
- Wide range of flow rates – from volatile organic to high throughput aqueous (C-Flow 700)
- Reliable, reproducible performance even at 50uL/min flow rates (C-Flow 50)
- Easy to unclog by backflushing – no wires or flushing tools required
- Very fast washout. Freedom from spiking due to renebulization
- Free aspirates – can be used for aggressive organics that attack pump tubing